Gaming News : SONY responds to FORTNITE Account Controversy

 

Gaming news: Account Controversy:

Sony has managed to annoy thousands of PlayStation fans and the Nintendo Switch versions of Epic Games’ popular online battle royale title “Fortnite.”.

The Gaming news came to light recently that there was a compatibility problem.
Currently, it is not possible to use a Fortnite account that has been used in a PS4 in the Nintendo Switch.
Sony is blocking Epic games from allowing game inter-consoles and progress synchronization. This means that progress, aspects, and purchases cannot be shared between PS4 and Nintendo Switch or Xbox One. After a couple of days of silence,

Sony finally began to respond to controversy.

“We’re always open to hearing what the PlayStation community is interested in to enhance their gaming experience,” the company said in a statement to the BBC.

In the statement, PlayStation highlights that they are always open to listening to the community. They also mention the great success that Fortnite has had with the players.
A little further on they go on to highlight their sales of consoles and active users in PlayStation Network. Then they list the other platforms with which they can play Fortnite from the PS4: PC, Mac, IOS, and Android.

However, throughout this text, they do not mention the current problem. Nor can we find any indication that they are working on a solution.
So far, Sony has not revealed why they are blocking the game inter-consoles with rival consoles. But it’s not surprising. This is not the first time Sony has refused to work with Microsoft and Nintendo to support cross-play.

Today, Sony dominates sales of consoles by far. Despite the great success of the Switch, the PS4 is still sold like hot bread.

Most likely they are doing this blocking to be able to increase sales. Why would you buy another console for Fornite if you can’t play with all your friends who have a PS4?
But the most exciting thing lies with the other companies. Both Nintendo and Microsoft are interested in inter-console gameplay.

Reggie Fils-Aime, president, and COO of Nintendo of America gave his opinions about it.
“What the competitors do is their own decision,” he said in an interview. “We believe to be pro inter-consoles is good for the game, the developers, and the fans.”
For its part, Microsoft has enabled the interconnectivity between Nintendo Switch and Xbox One.

There are signs the backlash could be affecting Sony financially. Shares were down over 2 percent on Thursday, according to CNBC.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.